Friday, September 6, 2013

Soundsupply Drop 10

Soundsupp.ly is a site that collects 10 albums from various artists and releases them in "drops."  It costs 15 dollars for each drop, they're released every other month, and they're on sale for ten days. Occasionally there will be a bonus EP or album available if you fulfill some extra requirement (most recently you had to post on Twitter or Facebook) about Drop 10. I decided to sell my soul (I actually tweeted something for once) for the free EP so I ended up with ten albums and an EP. This is the first Drop I could "afford" (actually I ordered it without thinking because I'm bad with money) since they featured Matt Pryor's May Day.

But because I bought Drop 10, I am going to listen to and review every album in the collection--even though they aren't all brand new albums. Hopefully this makes me feel slightly better about my impulse buy. At the end, I'll decide whether my purchase, which was frivolous and irresponsible regardless, was "justified."  If it wasn't I'll launch into a downward spiral from buyer's remorse. Here's the list:

  • Junior Astronomers, Dead Nostalgia
  • Eric & Magill, Night Singers
  • Their/They're/There, s/t
  • The World Is A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die, Whenever, If Ever
  • Eli Mardock, Everything Happens For The First Time
  • Cowboy Indian Bear, Live Old, Die Young
  • Now, Now, Neighbors: Deluxe
  • Pity Sex, Feast Of Love
  • Mister Loveless, Grow Up
  • Brian Irving, Radiant Things
  • La Guerre, The Three
Hopefully you'll hear good things about every one of these albums. Otherwise it looks like regret (followed by depression and self-loathing) and Dear You, Under The Boards and Nothing Feels Good on repeat for a week.  Have a nice day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment